skip to Main Content

Useful Contacts

The following organisations may be able to provide further information and support.

For Cambridgeshire and Peterborough:

Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough

A local independent charity providing services and support to older people and their families in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough

Cambridgeshire Constabulary

The Bobby Scheme:

The Bobby Scheme secures homes of victims aged 60 and over, domestic abuse victims and people who feel at risk who are aged 65 and over or disabled residents.

Hate Crime:

We have a diverse community in Cambridgeshire and we recognise that everyone should be allowed to live their lives free from harassment and the fear of hate crime.

Hate crime is defined as: ‘any incident which may or may not be a criminal offence, but can be seen or felt to be motivated by prejudice or hate by the victim’.

Truevision also has a host of information about hate issues and you can also report hate on their website.

Police Enhanced Access Line (PEAL)

This is a non-emergency police enhanced access line (PEAL), which is designed to help people who have difficulties with telephone communication.

Registered users are given a dedicated number to use instead of calling 101. When dialled, they get direct access to a highly trained police call operator who will have knowledge of the callers disability or illness.

The service is available for non-emergency queries and is available from 6am to 1am Sunday to Thursday and 7am to 2pm on Friday and Saturdays. To register please contact:

Safer places scheme

The safer places scheme supports vulnerable people in our communities. We work alongside VoiceAbility and the Speak Out Council to support safer places in Cambridgeshire.

How the safer places scheme works

A ‘safer place’ is a local business or organisation that volunteers to be a designated place of safety for people seeking refuge in times of stress, threat or vulnerability.

Safer places display stickers in their windows to tell people they are taking part in the scheme.

Stay safe card

A person needing help can then show their stay safe card to a member of staff who will take appropriate action to help them.

The card tells people exactly what to do to help the person. This includes their name, the contact details of the person they need to get in touch with and what to do if you cannot get hold of them.

Apply for a safe place card

In Cambridgeshire, to get your own card, please contact VoiceAbility on;

To apply in Peterborough please contact Deborah Gallacher, Long Term Team, Peterborough City Council, 2nd Floor, Town Hall, Bridge Street, Peterborough PE1 1HF.


There are many types of scams such as phone calls, post, email, text message or in person. Our message is simple: if it seems too good to be true – it probably is.

Victim and Witness Hub

If you or someone you know has been a victim of crime, you can receive support from our police-led Victim and Witness Hub to help you cope and recover from your experience.

A person needing help can then show their stay safe card to a member of staff who will take appropriate action to help them.

The card tells people exactly what to do to help the person. This includes their name, the contact details of the person they need to get in touch with and what to do if you cannot get hold of them.

Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and South Lincolnshire Mind (CPSL Mind):

The local Mind charity for the residents of Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and South Lincolnshire, providing a wide range of services across the county to support those recovering from mental health challenges, promote positive mental health and tackle

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

Monitor, inspect and regulate health and social care services. They publish what they find, including ratings to help people choose care.

Carers Trust Cambridgeshire

Offering support to family carers across Cambridgeshire, and professional, flexible care services to adults and children with a range of disabilities and health conditions.

Disclosure and Barring Service – GOV.UK

The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. It replaces the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).

Domestic Abuse Outreach Services

Cambridge Women’s Aid provides dedicated and specialist services for women and children affected by domestic abuse –  01223 361214 for people living in Cambridge City, East Cambs and South Cambs

Refuge 07787 255821 for people living in Fenland, Huntingdonshire and Peterborough

Cambridgeshire Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Partnership

The Partnership brings together key agencies across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough with the aim of reducing the harm, risks and costs associated with domestic abuse and sexual violence and to prevent these crimes occurring across Cambridgeshire. Use this web site to find information about domestic abuse and sexual violence, including advice leaflets and how to access local services.

HealthWatch Cambridgeshire

Your local health and social care champion, Healthwatch Cambridgeshire makes sure you are listened to and can get involved when important decisions are made about local health, social care and public health services. They listen to local people to find out what is working well within local services, and what needs to be better. They have statutory powers and can challenge health and care decision-makers if care isn’t working the way it should or if a decision has been made where people have not been able to contribute.

Tel: 01480 420628

SARCs – Sexual Assault Referral Centres – The Survivors Trust

A Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) provides services to victims/survivors of rape or sexual assault regardless of whether the survivor/victim chooses to reports the offence to the police or not.

Sexual Assault Referral Centres are designed to be comfortable and multi-functional, providing private space for interviews and examinations, and some may also offer counselling services. “SARC”s have specialist staff that are trained to help you make informed decisions about what you want to do next.

Click to find details of local Independent Sexual Violence Adviser services (ISVAs).

Address. The Elms SARC Hinchingbrooke Hospital Hinchingbrooke Park Huntingdon Cambridgeshire PE29 6NT. Office: 01480 425003

Whistleblowing for employees – GOV.UK

As a whistleblower you’re protected by law – you shouldn’t be treated unfairly or lose your job because you ‘blow the whistle’. You can raise your concern at any time about an incident that happened in the past, is happening now, or you believe will happen in the near future.

Change Grow Live

Change Grow Live (CGL) provide adult drug & alcohol treatment services across the county of Cambridgeshire (and Peterborough)

Cambridgeshire 0300 5550101 (Adults)

Peterborough 01733 895624 (Adults and YP)

For Young People’s substance misuse service in Cambridgeshire please contact CASUS on 01480 445316

Back To Top
Translate »
Skip to content