Aims and Learning Outcomes:
This training is a review of basic concepts in Adult Safeguarding, for those who have attended Adult Safeguarding training in the past but need to ensure that training is up-to-date.
By the end of the training session, participants will be able to:
- Reflect on what is meant by Making Safeguarding Personal
- Describe the 6 key principles in Safeguarding Adult work
- Identify what constitutes abuse and neglect
- Consider who abuses and how to spot the signs of abuse
- Explore the procedures for reporting and responding to abuse
- Identify new messages within adult safeguarding
- Learn lessons from latest Safeguarding Adult Reviews
This training course is for those people who have already completed basic adult safeguarding training and require a refresher course or three yearly update (Groups 1 & 2). Agencies are encouraged to attend from both the voluntary and statutory sectors and may include roles such as; police, police community safety officers, health care staff, social care staff, care providers, community workers, district council workers and anyone interested in learning about how to safeguard adults at risk.