Aims & Learning Outcomes:
This half day focuses on ‘Forced Marriage’ in the context of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This course is for those practitioners who want to know more about; ‘forced Marriage’ and ‘honour based violence’ within the wide arena of violence against women, children and young people; how to identify signs of forced marriage and how to make appropriate referrals to safeguard children and vulnerable adults.
At the end of the session practitioners will have
- Gained knowledge and understanding of the issues related to ‘Forced Marriages’ within families.
- Understood the difference between arranged marriages and forced marriages.
- Understood what ‘Honour Based Violence is’.
- Be able to identify the signs and indicators of a forced marriage.
- Know who to contact and how to make referrals to the appropriate supporting and investigating agencies in terms of safeguarding.
This course is primarily for those professionals (statutory and voluntary) who either work predominately or who have regular contact with children and young people and their families; for those who hold particular responsibilities for safeguarding (children and vulnerable adults) and for those who hold positions as professional advisors. Groups 2-5