This is a 2 hour face to face training course exploring the basic knowledge and skills about safeguarding children and young people necessary for anyone who voluntarily works with children and their families.
This training will be facilitated by Elizabeth Locke, Safeguarding Boards Trainer, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Safeguarding Children and Adults Partnership Boards
To introduce the knowledge and skills that are necessary for identifying and responding appropriately to concerns about safeguarding children and Young People.
By the end of the training session, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the different ways children and young people can be harmed and neglected and understand what is meant by safeguarding children
- Describe the first steps to take if they are concerned about a child
- Respond appropriately to a disclosure made by a child
- Understand the necessity for information sharing and accurate recording and logging concerns
- Explain what to do if they experience barriers to referring a child/family
This course is primarily for those working in the voluntary sector, particularly individuals who do not have access to their own agency’s training in relation to basic Safeguarding Training. PLEASE NOTE that this course is not appropriate as a Safeguarding refresher course or for agencies who have their own safeguarding training. Places to attend the course will be allocated according to a multi-agency mix.